51% — Employee Complaints
25% — Permit inspections – trenching, asbestos, air compressors, etc.
18% — If there has been a serious accident or fatality that has been reported by you or the paramedics.
8% — General Inspections
They will also knock on your door if your workers compensation experience modification rate is over 1.25.
One last reason would be if your industry is listed as a high hazard industry and you are the targeted one at the time.
- Injury & Illness Prevention Program
- Hazard Communication Program
- Emergency Action Program
- Fire Prevention Program
- Hazardous Energy Control Program
- Industrial Truck Program–If you have forklifts.
- Hearing Conservation Program–If the noise level is over 85dB
- Respiratory Protection Program–If you use respirators
- Others depending upon what is done at the facility.
The inspector will want to conduct an inspection of your facility — it could be a door-to-door inspection or just to an area of concern.
By law Cal/OSHA has the right of entry. The inspector can get a bench warrant and come back (usually with a few more inspectors).
Or you could call us to assist in creating and implementing the required programs.
We do more that just provide you with written programs — we become part of your team to assure compliance with the regulators and to make sure you have a safe and healthy workplace.